Who we are:
Redstone is made up of dedicated, intelligent, and hard-working individuals. We are tech-savvy, digital-obsessed Millennials who are striving to make a positive IMPACT on the event and association industry. We believe in establishing and maintaining TRUST with our team members and clients. We strive to achieve ‘the best possible’, rejecting what is ‘simply acceptable’ in our mission to go the EXTRA MILE in everything we do.
At Redstone, we recognize that an organization’s success is completely dependent on the PEOPLE within in; that’s why we choose to only work with the very best.
Who you are:
- You are aligned with Redstone’s mission and our core values (found on our website).
- You have a university or college degree, with 5+ years of experience in not-for-profit management, account management (client servicing), or marketing. A Business or Communications degree is an asset.
- Agency experience is an asset.
- You have intermediate knowledge of accounting principles (to the degree of being able to answer questions or seek more help), including understanding financial reporting and budgeting processes.
- Experience in contributing to strategic decision-making at executive-level considered an asset.
- You have the ability to juggle priorities and adapt in a busy changing office environment, managing multiple projects at once, and adhering to strict deadlines.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, integrity and professionalism.
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently.
- You have excellent people management skills and are able to assess complications and difficulties and deal with them swiftly to ensure client satisfaction.
- You have experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Speaking French is an asset, but not required.
- You have the ability to work outside of regular work hours if required.
What you’ll do:
Account Managers are responsible for (but not limited to):
- Customer satisfaction, and acting a point of contact for client needs, taking initiative in all cases.
- Board/committee meeting planning, minute-taking and follow-up on actions items.
- Managing or supporting various client projects including marketing and communications initiatives, membership registration drives and more; coordinating to ensure on-time and accurate delivery.
- Working closely with client teams and other contacts (internal and external), including weekly, biweekly or monthly check-ins (based on what is needed).
- Preparing and delivering weekly/monthly reporting to clients and management as needed.
- Maintaining up-to-date databases (sponsorship, attendee, membership, etc.).
- Stepping in to support challenging situations if they arise, and keeping Director apprised on progress, challenges, etc.
- Mentoring account coordinators in their respective roles on client accounts.
- Coordinating marketing initiatives including but not limited to:
- Website redevelopment initiatives; content management and content updates for website(s)
- Social media strategies
- Content creation and deployment for various channels including industry publications, social media, blogs, and more
- Some support in onsite event execution.
- Completion of other tasks essential to the successful delivery of scope and/or at Managements’ request.
Executive Director Services
This position may also involvement assignment to 1-2 client portfolios (as part of the accounts you are responsible for above, not in addition to) to lead at an executive level, with a team of direct reports. Some executive-level services include:
- Developing and executing project plans, including delegation, overseeing and ensuring accountability on delivering.
- Annual planning, including budget development and management, and assisting with governance and or business development.
- Confidently and accurately supporting leadership of boards in governance proceedings, and presenting reports to the board on behalf of Redstone/client team.