Redstone Agency is looking for an experienced, professional, and passionate event planner to add to our team of event and association experts.
Who we are:
Redstone is made up of dedicated, intelligent, and hard-working individuals. We are tech-savvy, digital-obsessed Millennials who are striving to make a positive IMPACT on the event and association industry. We believe in establishing and maintaining TRUST with our team members and clients. We strive to achieve ‘the best possible’, rejecting what is ‘simply acceptable’ in our mission to go the EXTRA MILE in everything we do.
At Redstone, we recognize that an organization’s success is completely dependent on the PEOPLE within it; that’s why we choose to only work with the very best.
Who you are:
- You are aligned with Redstone’s mission and our core values (found on our website).
- You have 3+ years of relevant full scope (registration, marketing, food and beverage coordination, AV, etc.) event planning experience including multi-day conference planning.
- Agency experience is an asset or demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- A university or college degree is required.
- You have experience in: strategic planning (including developing objectives, sustainability planning etc.); meeting or event project management; risk management; management of event financials (including the ability to manage the monetary transactions process in compliance with client guidelines); sponsorship development and fulfillment; staffing and volunteer management; stakeholder management (including exhibitor relations); meeting/event design (program development, speaker management, coordination of F&B, AV, registration systems, crowd control, transportation, etc.); site management (selection, layout, logistics planning and onsite communications); event marketing (planning, development of materials, contribution to public relations activities).
- You have the ability to juggle priorities and adapt in a busy changing office environment, balancing multiple projects; managing multiple, concurrent events and adhering to strict deadlines.
- You are able to contribute to strategic discussions, with a sound understanding of events as a tool to further association objectives.
- You have excellent people management skills and are able to assess complications and difficulties and swiftly deal with them to ensure client satisfaction.
- You have the ability to effectively share event management knowledge with junior staff members, teaching best practices and skills (including risk management and contingency planning) while adhering to Redstone’s core value of ‘PEOPLE’.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise, integrity and professionalism.
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and pay strong attention to detail.
- You are proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- You have the ability to work outside of regular work hours as required (not frequently required).
What you’ll do:
- Critical path development and execution.
- Budget creation, maintenance and reporting.
- Conduct site inspections, site selections, prepare reports.
- Develop risk management and contingency plans for all events.
- Source suppliers and negotiate for best value.
- Manage event registration and on-going communication with event attendees.
- Plan food and beverage requirements in coordination with venue or caterer with close attention to satisfying attendee, volunteer and staff dietary restrictions.
- Minute taking at meetings or during conference calls.
- Attend or lead committee meetings, board meetings, and conference calls when needed.
- Manage volunteers.
- Prepare and secure all event supplies for event dates onsite.
- Coordinate development and design of printed materials with graphic design team.
- Prepare and deliver weekly/monthly reporting to clients and management as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date databases (sponsorship, attendee, membership, etc.).
- Coordinate marketing initiatives including but not limited to e-blasts, and call campaigns; manage website updates.
- Onsite event execution.
- Completion of other tasks essential to the successful delivery of events according to scope and/or at Managements’ request.
- Oversight and management of an event team; accountability for your team’s deliverables.
- Manage or support various client projects including marketing and communication initiatives, event registration drives, and more.
- Manage or support Redstone projects as required to ensure on-time delivery and accuracy.
Marketing and Communications
- Website redevelopment initiatives; content management and content updates for website(s).
- Social media strategies.
- Content creation and deployment for various channels including industry publications, social media, blogs, and more.
- Drafting press release announcements for electronic or print distribution.
- Research and grant writing.