Title — Association Management Client Director
Job Summary — The Client Director is the link between clients and CMA. They are responsible for building and maintaining client relations, facilitating the development of client strategy, ensuring the client’s needs and goals are met timely and within budget. The Director reports to the Director of Association Management.
Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs)
- The Client Director is responsible and accountable for the management of the client account including strategic planning, project implementation, client relationship management, account budgets and growth, and management of the account team to ensure adherence to the mission, policies and procedures
- Account leadership and Strategic Planning.
- Development and implementation of the client contract and billing
- Develop and maintain strong and long-lasting client/CMA relationships
- Maintain sound knowledge of the industry and keep abreast of developments and trends
- Provide leadership to accounts and team members in the management of their association clients
- Serve as an association leader and CMA liaison to boards, committees and members, with an emphasis on effective and proactive volunteer management strategies
- Collaborate with the board to develop annual budgets and ensure operations within budget
- Lead Headquarters’ presence and reporting at Board of Directors meetings
- Initiate membership and sponsorship recruitment/retention efforts
- Supervise account teams to ensure synergy with and accountability
- Oversee marketing and promotional efforts, association meetings and conferences
- Travel required, including some international
- Knowledge of and understands all facets of Association Management
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Working knowledge of database management NetForum/Your Membership a plus
- Superior verbal and communication and meticulous quality
- Experience with strategic planning financial reporting and budget development
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven leadership capability
- Mastery in relationship building
- Forward Thinking: Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Results Oriented: Focus on the desired result of individual and/or group work, develop challenging goals, and focus efforts to meet or exceed the goals.
- Foster Teamwork: Demonstrate interest, skill, and success in effective group collaboration.
- Foster Innovation & Manage Change: Develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies. Initiate support of organizational changes; assist others to successfully manage change.
Education/Experience — Bachelor’s degree in Business Management plus 7+ years’ association or client/program/project management experience.
Check out Our Job Listing Video!