Title – Association Administrator
Job Summary – The Association Administrator will provide in house administrative assistance to the association teams for all tradeshows, conferences and meetings being planned and coordinated for our clients. Some of this support will take place off site at the venues selected for each of the event, however at this time all events are virtual. Responsibilities include coordinating with the point of contact at each event, on-site registration, problem solving, maintaining contact with the teams, and returning materials, accurate records and data to the office once the event has ended. The Association Administrator reports to the Client Director.
- Solutions Oriented
Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs)
- Support association events including registrations, requests for information, trade show coordination, marketing input, on-site registration desk
- Manage database(s)
- Answer phones and email inquiries
- Take and compose board meeting minutes
- Act as liaison between member or prospective member liaison and headquarters
- Manage own time allocation budget
- Approximately 25% to time devoted to travel; including international travel
- Other responsibilities as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and social media mediums and ability to learn and use new software and online resources
- Database management; experience in NetForum/Your Membership a plus
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional organization with ability to multi-task in a high-speed environment
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrates concern for satisfying external and internal customers quickly and effectively.
- Attention to Communication: Ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Keeps his/her manager informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises.
- Initiative: Anticipate what needs to be done before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Fostering Teamwork: Provides assistance, information and support to colleagues to build or maintain relationships.
Education/Experience – 2+ years’ administrative or project management experience in associations or service environment.
Check out our job listing video!