Association Management Center seeks a Chief Information Officer. The CIO is responsible for creating and executing the AMC enterprise IT strategy and ensures alignment with client and corporate business goals. The CIO role operates in a multi-client environment that requires future vision and focus, enabling innovative solutions that advance client and AMC business goals. The role requires exceptional communication and customer relationship skills for internal and external partners.
As a member of the AMC Leadership Team (LT), the CIO will collaboratively review and analyze business performance, while also developing and measuring the progress of major initiatives in alignment with both short- and long-term strategic objectives and revenue goals. The Leadership Team is accountable for the business performance of AMC, as well as clients, staff and shareholder expectations and outcomes.
Please click here to learn more!
Position Essential Responsibilities
- Leads the development & refinement of the enterprise IT strategy and roadmap; ensures its integration with AMC’s strategic plan, and the resulting business strategy, plans and revenue goals.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems and programs that fulfill the needs of the business including enterprise architecture management, innovation, portfolio development, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations management, entrusting actual execution of such initiatives to the IT senior team members and the rest of the IT staff.
- Directs the development of IT sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management by fostering collaborative partnerships with internal and external partners, including client account and service teams, external third-party solution providers and AMC Technology Steering Committee.
- Collaborates with LT and other executives to define and execute the digital business strategy - e.g. technology portfolios, web & data services, innovation, application development. Participates in and contributes to the assessment of external digital opportunities and threats, and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Informs, educates, and guides colleagues and strategic partners to advance strategic business goals in innovative and cost-effective ways.
- Develops and oversees annual operating and capital expenditure budget for IT to ensure it is consistent with overall strategic objectives of the enterprise and is within plan.
- Leads the Technology Steering Committee, comprised of client and service team partners for enterprise planning and policymaking needs, including development of technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers results to the enterprise.
- Develops, leads, and maintains an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that optimizes balance between achievement of digital business solutions and ensuring infrastructure and systems continue to support safe, secure data and business functions and processes.
- Provides skilled leadership and exceptional communication skills in coaching and directing the IT staff and directly manage senior IT staff.
Reports to this Position
- Senior level IT staff direct reporting relationship. Responsible for the IT Team.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of leadership experience in IT field.
- Proven performance in account management in multi-client environment, leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Experience working with Associations or not for profit organizations is a plus.
- Portfolio management experience a plus, as well as general knowledge about AMS systems, infrastructure and applications development.
- Demonstrated experience in IT strategic planning.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of solving complex problems.
- Strong consensus builder with an ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Commitment to innovation, creativity, and teamwork.
- High degree of professionalism, self-motivation, ethics, judgement, and prudent decision-making abilities.
- Commitment to company values.
Association Management Center is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team in which all employees are welcomed, valued and respected for their individual strengths, perspectives, and contributions.
Disclaimer The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.